Congratulations on making it through college! Now it’s time to get yourself together. Once you have a full-time job lined up, you should focus your attention on your financial future. Sounds grown up, huh?! It’s really not that complicated. Building good credit is an important part of your finances. Here are five steps to take towards your goal:
1) Become an authorized user on your parents’ credit card account.
This doesn’t mean your parents have to hand over their credit... [More]
When you get married, you are taking on joint financial liabilities. This is a fact, like it or not.
Just because you fell in love with someone who has destroyed their credit, doesn’t mean you have to live with it. However, you probably have to help fix it. If your spouse has poor credit, it can affect your joint credit accounts and potentially prevent you from opening certain accounts or receiving certain loans. In fact, until you straighten out your spouse’s credit, you may want to... [More]
Well here we are, folks. 12 hours away from 2015. To send off the year, we compliled a list of our top 10 most popular blog posts from 2014.
1) Infographic: The Average Cost of a Maryland Wedding
2) How Identity Thieves Steal Your Information
3) 5 Inexpensive Ways to Improve the Look of Your Home
4) Tax Prep Tips: What Do I Need to Know to File Successfully?
5) Traditional vs. Roth IRAs: How to Choose
6) Consolidating Your Debt - Why It's Important and when to Consider It
7) 5 Actions That Hur... [More]