On the first "Purple Friday" of the 2011 Football Season, we held a Ravens Trivia contest for 1st Mariner Bank employees. SEVEN lucky winners got to take home Purple Friday prizes to share with their families as they prepped to watch the Baltimore Ravens season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers. What a game, right?!
Employees had to be numbers 5 (Joe Flacco), 7 (Billy Cundiff), 20 (Ed Reed), 52 (Ray Lewis), 55 (Terrell Suggs), 74 (Michael Oher), or 81 (Anquan Boldin) who correctly answered the trivia questions below.
Think you would have been one of the lucky winners? Below are the set of questions that were sent out to our employees. While the contest is over and we're out of prizes, if you think you know the answers, copy and paste them onto our Facebook wall and we'll let you know if you're as up-to-date on your Ravens trivia as you think you are.
Click here to see some of the pics of our lucky winners.
1. Who was the first player to score for the Ravens?
2. Who was the first head coach of the Baltimore Ravens?
3. Who is the only player to play against the Colts in their last game at Memorial Stadium and the Ravens in their last game at Memorial Stadium?
4. Who scored the first touchdown for the Ravens in Super Bowl XXXV?
5. In which stadium did the Ravens play in their first season in Baltimore?
Baltimore Memorial Stadium
1st Mariner Arena
6. Who was the Raven's first draft pick?
7. What is the name of the HBO series that chronicled the Ravens training camp in 2001?
Running with the Ravens
Camp of Champions
8. Which player was on the receiving end of the longest pass play in Ravens history?
9. Which Ravens receiver once caught four touchdown passes in one game?
10. Which team did the Ravens play to a tie during the 1997 season?