You probably know that Joe Flacco is from New Jersey, that he went to the University of Delaware and that he just had a baby boy, BUT did you know…
- Joe's maternal great-grandfather was Thomas Madden, a Federal Judge who served on United States District Court for New Jersey from 1945 to1976. He was nominated for the post by President Harry S. Truman in 1945.
- Joe’s first pet was a white boxer named Lacey.
- Joe’s all-time favorite movie? Gladiator.
- Joe started all 26 games during his two years playing for the University of Delaware.
- Joe’s two grandfathers were football teammates at Camden Catholic High School in South Jersey during the 1950s.
- Joe’s favorite ice cream flavor: Classic chocolate.
- Mrs. Jenkinson was Joe’s 5th grade teacher.
- Joe’s mother was a standout at softball in college. She played for Trenton State (now the College of New Jersey).
- That ‘70s Show was Joe’s favorite TV show growing up.
- Joe started playing organized football in 7th grade for a local Pop Warner team.
Despite the seemingly average “stats” above, he is not your average Joe (yeah I know, real original, but it’s fitting). Joe Flacco is an NFL superstar. Yes, he eats chocolate ice cream, and enjoys a good rerun of That '70s Show, just the same as many of us. However, NOT the same as many of us, Joe Flacco was blessed with an amazing throwing arm, the ability to successfully compete in the NFL, AND, lead his team to the 2013 Superbowl!